For minor issues, ask in discussions, /r/TapTapBuilder or comment below. See front page Navigation for all info pages!
- 1 Resources and keys
- 2 Codes and coupons
- 3 City management
- 4 Game progress/settings
- 5 City management issues
- 6 City progress
- 7 Other questions
Resources and keys
- See table on the Resources page. You can always take a break to get passive income!
Increasing resource storage
- Credits - build and upgrade Banks or invest in a Unique Central Bank to increase your limit.
- Resources - build and upgrade Concrete and Metal warehouses to increasen the capacity.
Getting and using free Keys
Increasing power (electricity)
- Your city's power is a level value, and doesn't increase with time.
- You must build or upgrade Power Plants to increase the power.
- All new buildings and their upgrades will reduce your power level.
- Energy - unlike power, energy is the muscle value that allows work and fast construction.
- See table on the Resources page. You can always take a break to get passive energy!
Codes and coupons
Getting and using Coupon Codes
- Coupon Codes - 5-digit codes you can enter at Post Office or Pub for rewards. (ur mum 69)
- Obtaining - Coupon Codes can be generated and received from other players.
- Free coupons are also posted daily on the Tap Tap Builder Facebook account.
Getting and using Invite Coupons
- Pub - you can send an Invite Coupon to another player using the pub.
- Limit - You can send only up to 5 invite coupons and receive up to 10.
- Rewards - Collecting coupons will reward you with credits, resources and free keys.
Issues decoding a Coupon
- Validity - check you spelt everything correctly and that the coupon hasn't expired.
- Make sure your city's correct Postal Code was used when generating the coupon.
Getting and using Promo Codes
- Promo Codes - 6-digit codes you can enter in the Main Server building for rewards.
- Obtaining - you can find the codes on social networks by searching #TapTapBuilder.
- Each player has their own Promo Code - find and share it from settings or the server.
- List of codes - check the List:Codes page for an extensive list, and add your own!
Lists of Codes
- You can move, rotate, paint or demolish buildings. See info on the Buildings page.
Extending the island
- Landscape Institute - build this Unique building to dry sea for land, build bridges and plant trees.
- Bridge - To build a bridge, first convert a strip of sea platforms into land.
- Build a Road over them, and a road bridge will be created automatically!
The game lags or crashes
- Device - your device may simply be underperforming, especially if it's an older model.
- Try reducing the battery usage and freeing up storage to make your device run smoother.
- Settings - game updates may improve performance, meanwhile change game settings.
- Local save - the game saves your progress automatically on your device during gameplay.
- Cloud save - you can sign in and backup or load your progress from settings on any device.
- You'll need an internet connection and a valid account on iCloud, Google Play or Facebook.
Resetting your progress
- If desired, your current game progress (not backed up cloud data) can be reset in settings.
City management issues
Fixing high unemployement
- Apartments - work in them to increase the population. Building more will increase pop. capacity.
- Growth bonuses - increase the pop. growth by building the Hospital and City Administration.
- Demolish - demolish any unnecessary buildings with employees to use them in other buildings.
- Take a break - your city population will increase naturally over time.
Fixing a total lack of power
- You may lack resources to build or upgrade a power plant, while having insufficient employees.
- Demolish unnecessary buildings, e.g. offices, to free up employees and reduce consumption.
Increasing building slots
- City level - gaining EXP and increasing city level will give you more slots.
- Pawnshop - you can exchange Golden Keys for extra building slots here.
- Demolish - demolishing unnecessary exisitng buildings will free up slots.
- Check your currently used slots and the slot limit in the "Your City" menu.
Building projects faster
- Technical Lab - this Special building will increase the efficiency from each tap when building.
- Construction Crane - build and upgrade the crane to slowly construct projects automatically.
- Unique buildings - the Robot Center will increase crane efficiency.
- The Engineering Center will give a construction efficiency % boost.
Speeding up progress
- Special buildings - upgrading these will give you major boosts to your city and production.
- These require Golden keys to build and upgrade. Each one has a maximum of 20 levels.
- Unique buildings - these require Ruby Keys to build but give massive boosts in return!
Airplanes aren't showing up
- Airport Terminal - build this Service building to see airplanes and send citizens to others.
- Resources - tap on green airplanes for credits, and white/blue planes for concrete/metal.
- Keys - tap on rare gold planes to get Golden Keys, and rare red planes to get Ruby Keys!
Time travel and ban appeals
- You may be banned for attempting to change the time settings on your device for benefits.
- Email email@example.com with a screenshot of the ban message and your Postal Code.
- Your request will be reviewed and you may be unbanned by receiving an unban Coupon.